Potters Standard Glass Beads:
- Meet or exceed every standard in current use
- Are consistent in quality and composition. Strict quality control results in truly round spheres that provide optimum retroreflectivity
- Exhibit excellent durability
- Are available in a range of sizes to suit particular binders and applications:
- Are available with a range of coatings:
- Moisture-proof, to resist agglomeration
- Adhesion, for improved durability
- Flotation, for ideal embedment
Potters standard glass beads are available to suit all application methods.
Glass beads must to be exposed on the surface of the road marking material in order to work properly. This means they need to rise above the binding material while at the same time they need to be held firmly within it.
Generally beads are applied to the surface of newly applied road safety marking material to make the material instantly reflective. These are called drop-on beads.
Beads can be premixed into marking material to provide long-term retroreflectivity as the road marking is eroded by traffic wear. These premix beads are mostly used in thicker binder systems such as thermoplastic and cold plastic.
Specially developed blends of glass beads and anti-skid aggregate can be applied for the superior anti-skid performance imperative in certain situations, as required by the EN1436 Standard.